In the fast passed world we live in today, it’s sometimes difficult to find the time to make health conscious decisions for food when were constantly on the run. My favorite go-to when in a rush are these easy vegan bowls built from the bottom up with quinoa, beans and all the fresh veggies you got! Yes, fresh. Im venturing away from cooked whole foods and interested in going Raw. It’s the way to go as far as time– Simply cut and enjoy and at the same time you’re getting full net-gain of all nutrients and enzymes.
Cook time: 20 minutes
1/2 cup of black beans
1/2 cup Quinoa
1/4 cup baby corn
1/4 cup sweet potato
1/4 cup purple onion
1 Roma tomato
2 Tbsp tahini
2 Tbsp grade B maple syrup
3-4 Tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil (EVOO, safflower..)
salt to taste (optional)
spices: garlic powder, pepper, cayenne and any others you’d like (to taste)
1. Cook your quinoa in vegetable broth or water covered on medium for 10-12 minutes. Mix after 5 minutes to avoid sticking; check again after 10 minutes. Quinoa is ready when it starts to look slightly sprouted and fluffy.
2. In the mean time, chop your sweet potato, onion, and tomato. Slice your avocado and set all veggies aside.
3. In a skillet, sauté your sweet potato in coconut oil till golden brownish on corners and season with a dash of garlic salt. Set aside.
4. In a blender, liquify all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
5. Take your cooked quinoa and pour into the bottom of your bowl.
6. Add your black beans in a compact corner of the bowl, then your corn. Keep going along the rim side of your bowl to keep it looking nice and sectioned. Add your onions, your sweet potato, tomato and jalapeño on top to garnish.
7. Top your beautiful bowl off with the Tahini Maple syrup.