So, this recipe is 98% RAW. I had to revise my post about these on Facebook when I by mistake claimed the recipe was 100% raw. I am here to tell you that nearly the entire recipe is Raw AF. The tortillas are lightly cooked and I have read from many reputable sources that any item cooked below 118 degrees remains raw as no nutrients or enzymes are destroyed when cooked below this temperature.
Basically all you need is a food processor.
1 pk of vegan tortillas
A handful of spinach
For the flautas:
1 can of organic spicy black beans
1/4 cup carrots
1/4 cup cauliflower
1/4 cup corn
3 garlic cloves
Make your salsa however you want. I like mine really spicy and limey.
1 large tomato
1/4 cup onion
1/4 cup cilantro
salt & pep
1 large avocado
1/4 cup onion
2 lime limes
- blend your flauta ingredients in a food processor until everything is nice and blended. No big chunks. Set Aside.
- Very lightly cook your tortillas for about a minute each side on med-low
- Fill your tortillas with your flauta mix. Roll up and set your flautas side by side on a serving dish.
- blend your salsa ingredients. set a side.
- Chop your spinach finely and sprinkle on top of your flautas.
- Mix your guacamole ingredients and top your flauta/ spinach ensemble with your guac.
- Put your salsa in a small dipping bowl and set to the side of your flautas for dipping or drizzle it everywhere because its so good.
By Kira Khonsari