This BLS CPR certification class is for any healthcare provider or any student going to be a healthcare provider, i.e. doctors, nurses, PA’s, dental assistants, dentist, dental hygienist, respiratory therapists, paramedics, EMTs, etc.
NOTE: Participants do not need to be a healthcare professional to take this course.
Traditional (Instructor and video)
- BLS – Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Adult and pediatric CPR (including 2-rescuer scenarios and use of the bag mask)
- Foreign-body airway obstruction
- Use of automated external defibrillation with CPR
- This CPR course is designed to teach the skills of CPR for victims of all ages, use of an automated external defibrillator and relief of choking.
- A student CD, included with the text, contains supplemental information for interested
students on topics such as stroke, cardiac arrest, and special resuscitation situations.
- The CPR course is video-based with instructor-led discussion and simulation. Students participate
in, practice and complete various skills and learning stations.
- Ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback from an instructor while learning
Written exam and skills test with a Texas CPR Instructor
An American Heart CPR Course completion card will be issued THE SAME DAY when students successfully complete written test and skills test
For healthcare providers – for example, EMS personnel, physician assistants, physicians, nurses, nursing students, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, dentists, dental hygienist, dental assistants, and others who must have a credential (card) documenting successful completion of a CPR course.